Ah, a little bit of Cross-Purpose Talk here, I fear. I'm referring to the Loughborough study
, which is interested only in the following criteria:
* Legal services
And, er, that's it.
As for a cultural aspect to include in that measurement, one might consider:
* Museum (as measured by aggregate patronage per annum as a ratio to inhabitants of the city)
* Live music events (similar ratio, perhaps number of concerts to inhabitants)
* Theatre (ditto)
* Presence of internationally-known university (with a slightly higher mark for having two or more.)
* Presence of internationally-known, or long-established, cultural festival (ditto)
* Sports played professionally in the city.
* Presence of airport offering flights to at least three other continents per week.
* Significant media centre.
I leave the details fairly sketchy, particularly for uni, culture, and media. Maybe I'll come back to this one rainy day...