- In the past, on a few occasions I've said "I had a bad night full of troubling thoughts". By contrast, last night I had some thoughts which brought me unexpected great clarity and peace of mind. Currently they are in an off-LJ private post (i.e., a text file on my disk); if they remain similarly constructive in a few days then I may share them.
- Happy birthday to marysiak, who lives one of the most fascinating lives on my Friends list.
- dr4b and dezzikitty at least will enjoy the bottom of this page, supplied by addedentry. If you know what the two of them and I have in common and you share it too (and to spell it out would be a spoiler!) you may enjoy it as well!
- Every year the Sports Review of the Year overruns; they could learn and just schedule it to be longer and less packed, but they never do. This year, with the added 50th-edition retrospective "best champion ever" award, I'd put money at short odds on it overrunning. Predictions as to just how large the overrun will be most welcome.
- Speaking of which, it's just about to start, so I'm off to watch it. Additions to follow later.
My father has passed away. No contact for now, please; I choose to assume your best wishes and condolences. (Edited: the date in the original title…
Here is a simple, free-to-enter game to celebrate the recent turn of the decade. As I type at 2000 local UK time on 13th January 02020, the…
Insomnia last night inspired this game idea; maybe there's something to it, maybe there isn't. I might give it a try next time I'm at a games event.…